To complement the key themes of the conference, we are seeking case studies or research presentations particularly, but not exclusively, on the following topics:
- How to break down barriers and create better places to walk, play and rest in areas of deprivation (eg investment in low traffic neighbourhoods, behaviour change programmes and walking infrastructure).
- Listening to marginalised voices (eg people for whom the street environment may be inaccessible or unsafe) in street design or community development projects.
- Projects or research that have a particular focus on protected characteristics (eg gender, race or disability) and place-making.
- Cross-sectoral approaches (eg transport and public health) to creating healthier, inclusive and safer streets for walking.
- Projects that challenge what ‘good design’ looks like – stepping behind the headlines (eg of bus stop bypasses and continuous footway) to address the limitations and opportunities to providing fully inclusive pedestrian and cycling infrastructure.
Submit a summary of your project or presentation by completing the form below you will need to have your abstract ready to upload.